Institute of Precambrian Geology and Geochronology, Institute of Geology of Ore Deposits, Mineralogy, Petrography and Geochemistry , Commission on Clay Minerals of the Russian Mineralogical Society
The second Russian School on Clay Minerals "Argilla Studium-2013" was held on September 8-10, 2013 at the IGDD RAS (St. Petersburg). The School program includes lectures by leading Russian and foreign experts in various fields of studying the structure and crystal chemical structure of clay minerals. The school is focused on increasing the level of knowledge of Russian scientists and specialists, primarily geologists, chemists, technologists specializing in the study of clay minerals, university students of relevant specialties and specialists who encounter clays and clay minerals by occupation.
Lectures by leading experts were devoted to the following methods: X-ray diffraction, including full-profile X-ray analysis, simulation of X-ray images from oriented preparations, infrared spectroscopy, spectroscopy in visible light, high-resolution electron microscopy, a method for determining the capacity of cation exchange, as well as interpretation of the structure of mixed-layer clay minerals during geological reconstructions.
The school was organized with the financial support of IGEM RAS, the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project No. 13-05-06830), E-Globaledge Corporation
, Bentonite OJSC. Organizing Committee:
- V.A. Drits, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Head of Scientific Research of the GIN RAS
- V.V. Krupskaya, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Senior Researcher of the IGEM RAS, Chairman of the Commission on Clay Minerals of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- T.S. Zaitseva, Ph.D., Ph.D., IGGD RAS, Secretary of the Commission on Clay Minerals of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- B.B. Zvyagina, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Senior Researcher, GIN RAS, Moscow, Russia
- B.A. Sakharov, Candidate of Medical Sciences, ved.N.S. GIN RAS, Moscow, Russia
- M. Ploetz, Doctor, Institute of Geotechnical Engineering, Switzerland
- Ya. Madeeva, Doctor, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry of the Slovak Academy, Bratislava, Slovakia
- A. Chimerova, Doctor, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry of the Slovak Academy, Bratislava, Slovakia
- K. Cuadros, Doctor, Natural History Museum, London, UK
- F. Hubert, Doctor, University of Poitiers, France
- T. Goguryeo, Doctor, Faculty of Earth and Space Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Japan